Abergavenny, 02 August.-In a ceremony at the Monmouthshire and District National Eisteddfod today the Ambassador of Argentina presented a valuable donation of books relating to Patagonia to the national collections.
In presenting the books, the Ambassador, R. Carlos Sersale di Cerisano, said:
"Wales's relationship with Argentina is so incredibly important to both our nations and is clearly evident here on the Eisteddfod field today. The goodwill that exists between the two countries is to be treasured and these gifts should be seen as a recognition and appreciation of the unique relationship that exists between us."
In return, Rhodri Glyn-Thomas, President of the National Library presented a fine art copy of Kyffin Williams’ 'Puesta de sol sobre el valle de Chubut ' to the Ambassador to mark the occasion and said:
"We are greatly indebted to the Argentinian Embassy for their generosity and goodwill towards the National Library and the people of Wales. Today we pay tribute to the tenacity of the nation and the Welsh language in surviving in the face of all kinds of adversity and hardship. Thanks to the people of Argentina for the warm welcome that has greeted Welsh people traveling to Patagonia over the generations, and for their continued goodwill towards the Welsh language.
• Patagonia. 13,000 Years of History, Leleque Museum, Emecé Editores, Argentina, 2002
• Argentina Patagonia, Ministry of Tourism, THR Editorial 1998 (3 copies)
• Patagonia a Forgotten Land, from Magallanes to Perón, C.A Brebbia, Witt Press, United
States, 2007 (2 copies)
• Y Wladfa Celebrating the 150th Anniversary of the Welsh Settlement in Argentina,
Embassy of Argentina, 2015
• The Mapuches of Neuquén, Art and Culture in Patagonia. Luz Editora S. A, Argentina
2002 (2 copies)
• The Wild Shores of Patagonia, The Valdes Peninsula & Punta Tombo, Jasmine Rossi,
Abrams, Inc, United States, 2000